Amanda Bynes I Am Dead Jealous

Greetings all,

I read with an increasing green tinge of envy, that Amanda Bynes* GETS TO RETIRE AT 24. She doesn't like her job anymore so she's decided to retire.

That is soooooooo NOT FAIR.

I want to retire at 24 .... well OK I'm 20 years past that........... but still I wanna retire.

My loyal readers will recall I am currently suffering from a busted foot. Unfortunately I've only managed to scam convince my doctor of the need for a week and a half off work. Consequently I am schlepping myself into work everyday after dropping my little angel at school, with a big brace on my foot that seems to weigh 20kgs by the end of the day.

I had this 'occupational therapist' assessment last week to make sure that I could 'return to work' in a timely and safe manner and stay there until I'm fully recovered. I am quite happy to recover at home, but that's not how it works with a government job unfortunately.

Anyway she recommended a leg rest to elevate my leg under my workstation, and OMG you would not believe how difficult it has been to get this $60 item. Today the guy that is finally getting on to it (finally after a week already) tells me he can do something for me next Thursday. I tell him sheeeeeeeeeesh my foot will be better by then Mate! Talk about red tape.

I tell ya the minute I win lotto I am OUTTA THERE.

Now it's not that I don't like my job, I do, actually. But I just really need more time to catch up on blogs, post comments and generally slack off educate myself on the ways of life.

Anyways enough of my whining...............

IT"S FLOGYOBLOGFRIDAY.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

The awesomest, funniest blogger I know** (well you know ....not personally) Brenda over at Mummytime is once more hosting FLOGYOBLOGFRIDAY.

Head on over to her site and soak up the funnies.

Here's the rules

1.Follow her blog. (if you haven't already done so).


2.Grab her bubbly button and post it on your sidebar.

3.Link your First Name and/or Blog Name and URL (not your homepage) below.

4.Add a short description (max of 125 chars). It could be a description of yourself, your blog or a teaser to your latest post.

5.Follow at least 1 linkyer/blogger (Pay it forward is the name of the game).

6.The list will be open for linkyers on Fridays (She's extended the closing time by the way, to accommodate her non-aussie peeps).

7.A new and fresh link list will open every Friday. And you will have to link up AGAIN. The previous link list does not carry over to the following week.

8.And lastly, have lotsa fun.
 
Until next time :-)


* For those that don't know she's an actress of some sort
** And apart from Katie over at No Missed Opportunities



4 Responses
  1. Glen Says:

    Ah yes - retiring early due to excessive amounts of cash in the bank - lovely. I personally have guaranteed everyone I know that if I ever win the Lotto I will change completely. I will disappear faster than lightning and buy myself some new friends.
    I was pleased to find that they all clubbed together to buy me some lucky dips after that!


  2. Katie Says:

    Just because you are SOOOOO sweet and say all kinds of super nice things about me, WHEN I win the lottery, I will share my winnings with you. I will even deliver it myself.
    I pinky promise.
    You rock so hard!
    Or...to be paid to blog. THAT would be awesome. Or to do the dishes.
    That would make my life about perfect.


  3. Brenda Says:

    Awwwww. Overdosing on warmfuzzlement ove here. Thanks lovely.

    And yeah, so not fair that she gets to retire at 24. Sigh. I think I want some chocolates now. Hehe.


  4. Naomi Says:

    No way! retire at 24....so unfair...I think I would be so bored! so much more of life to live, but it sure has the potential to being an exciting life with loads of cash....money never was happiness though...so wishing I had that trial in my life! naomi


Thanks for stopping by :-)