Things that could drive you crazy.........

It started off a great day ... well sorta... if you don't count the bad stuff that happened to make it great.

The bad stuff - I have a stress fracture in my foot and it hurts to walk.

A LOT.

The good stuff - it hurts so much I am taking time off work and not walking anywhere.

Mmmm snuggled up in bed at the start of winter with our nice new central heating on, taking a nap after dropping my little angel at school and catching up on reading after my nap. Sounds great huh? I thought so too.

Until I got back from the doctor's gathered together everything I would need for a day in bed and then heard this electronic "chirp".

Then heard it again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

Every freakin' 10 seconds.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The battery in the smoke alarm is flat. Yes I know, I know, you're supposed to change the battery when daylight savings ends.

Normally this would not be a problem. Normally I would get the ladder out, pull the damn battery out, put the ladder away and snuggle into bed for my normally unheard of weekday snooze.

I'm not that keen to go up a ladder with a busted foot and a big walking cast though.


So I got the broom out and tried giving it a gentle nudge. That didn't work so I tried a bit harder nudge and that seemed to work.

FOR ALL OF 60 SECONDS.

So now my nap will have to wait until tomorrow and maybe I will try to drown it out with my iPod while I finish reading The Girl Who Played With Fire.

.....And eating the nachos I made to console myself that I wasn't gonna get a nap!

Until next time :-)
1 Response
  1. Katie Says:

    Oh. I'm sorry about your foot and I am really sorry that your smoke detector kept you from having a nap, but nachos help, for sure.
    Also, I am so glad you are back! I was wondering what happened to you....
    So, I tagged you on my last blog post. Its an easy meme, if you like that sort of thing.
    ...and... are you on twitter?


Thanks for stopping by :-)